Events Coordinator: Robin Hollow Farm, Saunderstown RI
About the Position:
Robin Hollow Farm is a fast-paced, diverse flower farm. The farm produces a wide variety of cut flowers and plants for three farmers’ markets, on-farm sales, and floral design for over 80 weddings & events per year. The events coordinator is our logistics person, physically coordinating goods and materials and planning our schedule for our events. Some design work is included but not a major focus of this position.
- Organize and assist with delivery for weddings, events and daily deliveries, including confirmation with caterers or venues, scheduling delivery, rental of delivery vans, and scheduling staff.
- Coordinate rental items and goods/materials for events: maintain and prepare for events.
- Computer work including loading sheets, rental sheets and making sure client files are up to date.
- Coordination of and executing breakdown of events as needed, in collaboration with other staff members.
- Process and organize flowers for events as needed, both from the farm and off farm flowers.
- Phone order taking and answering client questions as needed.
- Learn RHF style of design enough to execute simple hand-tied bouquets, phone orders, and other items as needed.
- Studio maintenance including cooler management, record keeping, cleaning as needed.
- Assist with harvesting as needed.
- High level of organizational ability
- Positive attitude with the public, good with people.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Punctual and reliable
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and in groups of workers, quickly and efficiently.
- Able and willing to work full days of physically demanding tasks, sometimes with time constraints. Occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) and bending, kneeling, etc.
- Able to drive, and must have own transportation.
- Computer skills, including word processing and simple spreadsheets
- Inquisitive minds are strongly encouraged, and design background is a plus.
Work period and Compensation:
Job starts 1 April 2017. Full time, Monday-Friday most weeks — some weekend hours are required June - October, particularly on holiday weekends. Hourly wage based on experience.
Polly Hutchison: email@example.com
Include a resume and a cover letter stating why you’d like to work with us.