Farm & Studio Worker - Robin Hollow Farm, Saunderstown RI
About the Position:
Robin Hollow Farm is a fast-paced, diverse flower farm. The farm produces a wide variety of cut flowers and plants for three farmers’ markets, on-farm sales, and floral design for over 80 weddings & events per year. The farm and studio position flexes between harvesting on the farm and working in the studio, as well as event installation and floral delivery. This requires a focus on being very efficient while maintaining a high quality product. We are looking for detail oriented, positive folks with a love of beauty and a strong work ethic.
- Harvest crops, using proper harvest systems and post-harvest treatments and labeling.
- Process and organize flowers for events as needed, both from the farm and off farm flowers.
- Phone order taking and answering client questions as needed.
- Learn RHF style of design and execute simple hand-tied bouquets, phone orders, and other event pieces as needed.
- Studio maintenance — record keeping, restocking, goods and materials preparation.
- Assist with delivery and floral installation for weddings, events and daily deliveries. This will include some wedding breakdown work, in coordination with other staff.
- Assist with farmer’s market preparations if needed.
- Assist with cooler management.
- Positive attitude with the public
- Punctual and reliable
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and in groups of workers, quickly and efficiently.
- Able and willing to work full days of physically demanding tasks, sometimes with time constraints. Occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) and bending, kneeling, etc.
- Able to drive, and must have own transportation.
- Inquisitive minds are strongly encouraged, and
- Some design background, specific floral knowledge is a plus but not required
Work period and Compensation:
Job starts mid April 2017. Full time, Tuesday — Saturday most weeks — some Sunday hours are required June-October, particularly on holiday weekends. Hourly wage based on experience.
Polly Hutchison: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include a resume and a cover letter stating why you’d like to work with us.