Farm worker for 2017 season: Robin Hollow Farm, Saunderstown RI
Robin Hollow Farm is a fast-paced, diverse flower farm. The farm uses sustainable and/or organic methods on about four acres, growing in the field, in high tunnels and three heated greenhouses. Products are a wide variety of cut flowers and plants for three farmers’ markets, on-farm sales and weddings & events. We also do floral design for events.
The position of farm worker here requires a focus on being very efficient while maintaining a high quality product. We are looking for high-energy, positive folks with a love of beauty and a strong work ethic.
- Assist with greenhouse production, including scouting for pests and diseases, propagation and
- Harvest crops, using proper harvest systems and post-harvest treatments and labeling.
- Contribute to weed and disease management, transplanting, tunnel and field work.
- Operate tractors, delivery vans and other equipment as needed, based on experience.
- Work at farmers’ markets, on-farm sales, or wedding flower set-up/delivery as needed.
- Assist with cooler management, farmers’ market set up (bouquet making, etc.) or getting ready for events as needed.
- Positive attitude, enjoying good communication with customers and volunteers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Self-motivated to work independently and in groups of workers quickly and efficiently.
- Able and willing to work full days of physically demanding tasks. These may be repetitive and
strenuous, with occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) and bending, kneeling, etc.
- Experience with farming or horticulture work is preferred but not required.
- Inquisitive minds are strongly encouraged — design skills are a plus.
Work period and Compensation:
Mid March through November, 2017. Tuesday-Saturday for the majority of the season, with slightly less for the ends of the season. Hourly wage based on experience. Bonus based on performance and farm productivity. Farm produce (veg, herbs, fruit, flowers) provided in season, and a generous employee discount.
Mary van Noordennen: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to emails with an attached resume and a cover letter stating what you’ll bring to the team.