Robin Hollow Farm, Saunderstown RI
About the Position:
Robin Hollow Farm is a fast-paced, fun-loving flower farm. The farm produces a wide variety of cut flowers and plants for three farmers’ markets, on-farm sales, and high-end floral design for over 70 weddings & events per year at beautiful area venues. We are looking for a person who wants to work hard amid beauty and a great team.
The studio manager is our logistics person, physically coordinating goods, materials and schedules. Other duties as below. Full Time.
- Organize and assist with delivery for weddings, events and daily deliveries, including confirmation with caterers or venues, scheduling delivery, rental of delivery vans, and scheduling staff.
- Coordinate rental items and goods/materials for events: maintain and prepare for events.
- Execute loading sheets, rental sheets and adding materials, photos, and details to client files.
- Plan and execute breakdown of events as needed, in collaboration with other staff members.
- Process and organize flowers for events as needed, both from the farm and off-farm flowers.
- Take phone orders and other calls, answering client questions as needed.
- Make hand-tied bouquets, arrangements, and other items as needed in our style of design.
- Maintain a clean and inviting workplace including cooler management, record keeping
- Assist with harvesting as needed.
- High level of organization and detail
- Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs
- Punctual and reliable — able to work efficiently in a group or one your own.
- Able and willing to work full days of physically demanding tasks, sometimes with time constraints. Occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) and bending, kneeling, etc.
- Able to drive, and must have own transportation.
- Flexible schedule, including weekend hours in the wedding season
- Computer skills, including word processing and simple spreadsheets
- Inquisitive minds are strongly encouraged,
- Professional or personal background in design, floriculture or horticulture and a penchant for beauty is a plus
Work period and Compensation:
Job starts immediately. Full time. Some weekend hours are required June-October, particularly on holiday weekends. Hourly wage based on experience.
Polly Hutchison: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants must include a resume and a cover letter stating why you’d like to work with us.