Job: Part Time Designer & Event Assistant
Robin Hollow Farm is a fast-paced, diverse floral studio and farm in Saunderstown, with an additional studio and retail space in Providence. We produce a wide variety of cut flowers and plants for home delivery, three farmers’ markets, weddings, and events. This position will assist with studio preparation and execution of events, working closely with the lead designer/owner and will be based primarily in Saunderstown, with some work in Providence.
This position will require a strong ability to organize and a minimum of one year experience in paid floral design.
- Studio & Event logistics and coordination including:
- Event preparation: setting up for loading, unloading, rentals, and retrievals
- Flower orders, processing, and collation.
- Daily design of phone orders, subscription bouquets and corporate arrangements.
- Design, deliver, and assist with installation of weddings, events, corporate accounts as well as daily deliveries in the style of Robin Hollow Farm.
- Studio maintenance including cooler management, record keeping, and cleaning as needed.
- Must be available to work weekends (mainly Saturdays) - this is a 15-20/hour week, depending on the season/week.
- Terrific at multi-tasking and problem solving
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Punctual and reliable
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and in groups of workers quickly and efficiently
- Able to learn new design skills and teach as needed – we have a small and dedicated design team
- Able and willing to work full days of physically demanding tasks. These may be repetitive and strenuous, with occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) and bending, kneeling, etc.
- Clean driving record, and must have own reliable transportation
- Up to date and proof of vaccination for Covid-19
- Computer skills: must be comfortable with word processing, simple spreadsheets and databases including Google platforms
- Inquisitive minds are strongly encouraged
Work Period and Compensation:
Hourly wage based on experience. Bonus based on performance and farm productivity.
Contact: Polly Hutchison: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to emails with an attached resume and cover letter stating what you’ll bring to the team.