Job: Studio Manager & Designer
Robin Hollow Farm is a fast-paced, diverse floral studio and farm in Saunderstown, with an additional studio and retail space in Providence. We produce a wide variety of cut flowers and plants for home delivery, three farmers’ markets, weddings and events. This position will be responsible for the planning, studio preparation, and execution of events, working closely with the lead designer/owner and will be based primarily in Saunderstown.
This position will require a strong ability to organize and the ideal candidate will be an excellent designer with more than three years experience in paid floral design.
- Studio & Event logistics and coordination including:
- Creation of the weekly work plan for the design studio encompassing all events
- Individual event preparation for up to 4 events per week: plans for loading, unloading, rentals, and retrievals
- Event staffing from design, through installation and retrieval
- Flower orders, processing, and collation.
- Design, deliver, and install weddings, events, corporate accounts as well as daily deliveries in the style of Robin Hollow Farm.
- Maintain hard goods: this includes event forecasting, inventory, and supply as well as reviewing inventory post-event, cleaning, restocking, and repairing as necessary.
- Studio maintenance including cooler management, record keeping, and cleaning as needed in communication with farm and store.
- Must be available to work weekends (mainly Saturdays) - this is a 30-45/hour week.
- Terrific at multi-tasking and problem solving
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Punctual and reliable
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and in groups of workers quickly and efficiently
- Able to learn new design skills and teach as needed – we have a small and dedicated design team
- Able and willing to work full days on physically demanding tasks. These may be repetitive and strenuous, with occasional heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) and bending, kneeling, etc.
- Clean driving record, and must have own reliable transportation
- Up to date on vaccination for Covid-19
- Computer skills: must be comfortable with word processing, simple spreadsheets and databases. (We use Google Docs and Sheets)
- Inquisitive minds are strongly encouraged
- After an initial period, health insurance is available
Work Period and Compensation:
Hours are Tuesday - Saturday for the majority of the season. Hourly wage based on experience. Bonus based on performance and farm productivity. Benefits include health insurance after initial trial period.
Polly Hutchison: email@example.com
We will respond to emails with an attached resume and cover letter stating what you’ll bring to the team.